Periscope is the social platform recently bought by Twitter that makes it possible for anyone to shoot a video and broadcast it live. Viewers can leave comments, interacting live with the Pericaster.
Here is a list of 10 ways of using Periscope that we have discovered through our wanderings in this realm of live video.
1. Friendly gathering
- On a Saturday morning, in a cafe in Italy, a group of friends talk and joke loudly, and then start singing a wild song.
- A group of friends is having dinner and film their meals and their songs.
2. « Walk with me »
- Just people walking in the street or in a mall and filming what they see. It gave us the opportunity to go for a nice virtual walk in Washington DC, while chatting with the Pericaster. Periscope makes the world even smaller!
- Alternative: “drive with me.”
3. Bored teenagers
One or several teenagers launch a desperate cry: “Come talk with me!”
4. Sightseeing tour
A person virtually guided us through Central Park. She was quite professional. Her documented talk was the quality of a touristic guide.
5. Live broadcast of a public event
- We gave it a try by broadcasting part of the Frogans Technology Conference 4.